Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5/21 Riverfront Marina to Catskill Marina, NY 4.5 hr

Floating Hot Dog Stand
Never saw so many designs of bridges

Leaving Catskill Marina

Somethings do no want photos. We spent the morning bathing Cutter, Catching up on our blog, banking, work etc. Beautiful day, clear, sunny, smooth water. While John was showering, I became personally intimate with my very first shoal. My friend Garmin said I had nine feet of water, he also said shoal area. ANOTHER LEARNING EXPERIENCE. Within a half hour, John had us off and heading to the marina 2 miles away. He encouraged me by saying "you haven't skippered a boat unless you've run aground". I was recouperating, as I turned down the channel to Catskill Marina when I noticed the Coast Guard Vessel with blue lights flashing. They requested permission to come aboard. Just what I wanted, within sight of the fuel dock today. Luckily, although John did not think so in Jacksonville, we had been boarded leaving our house for a football game, and I still had the paperwork. They left before we got to the marina. Was I glad to see the friendly folks at the dock.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home